Vaginal yeast infections are very common. The infection is caused by an organism called Candida albicans. It may be more common in women who are pregnant, taking antibiotics, on hormonal contraception or have diabetes. Yeast infections are usually not serious, but can cause great discomfort, such as itchiness, pain, unpleasant discharge and odor. Sano Medical will assess your symptoms, diagnose your condition and treat it promptly.
Some women may require additional care for:
- Four or more infections in a year
- Symptoms that suggest a more serious problem — stomach pain, fever, abnormal vaginal bleeding or painful intercourse
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD