Upper Respiratory Infections:
An upper respiratory infection — the good old-fashioned common cold — occurs when viruses attack the nose, throat and chest. Symptoms typically include runny nose, coughing and sneezing, sore throat and fever. Since a cold and the flu share the same symptoms, it can be hard to figure out which one you have. Sano Medical’s physicians and nurses are happy to help you.
Upper respiratory tract infection:
Upper respiratory tract infections (URI or URTI) are illnesses caused by an acute infection which involves the upper respiratory tract including the nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx. This commonly includes tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, otitis media, and the common cold.
Read More – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_respiratory_tract_infection
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Severe chest pain, or pressure or pain radiating to your jaw, neck or arm
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD