Pink Eye & Styes:
Pink eye, also called conjunctivitis, and styes are infections of the eye. Viral and bacterial eye infections are contagious, spread very easily and sometimes occur with other illnesses such as an ear infection, sinus infection or strep throat. Sano Medical will examine your eyes, conduct any needed testing and provide the right treatment plan.
Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, is inflammation of the outermost layer of the white part of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelid. It makes the eye appear pink or reddish. There may also be pain, burning, scratchiness, or itchiness. The affected eye may have increased tears or be “stuck shut” in the morning. Swelling of the white part of the eye may also occur. Itching of the eye is more common in cases due to allergies. Conjunctivitis can affect one or both eyes.
Read More – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunctivitis
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- “Double vision” or seeing “halos” around lights
- Severe headache with nausea
- Eye injury or foreign body in the eye
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD