Mouth or Oral Discomfort:
There are a number of often-visible conditions that may cause discomfort in speaking, eating and drinking. If you have sores in your mouth, on your gums or tongue, pain in your mouth, white or yellow patches in your mouth or on your tongue or a dry mouth or funny taste in your mouth, Sano Medical can help. These can be signs of oral thrush, also called candidiasis, hairy tongue, hand, foot and mouth disease or dry mouth syndrome. Sano Medical will evaluate your symptoms and provide a treatment plan which may include over-the-counter or prescription medicines, if needed.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care setting:
- Severe symptoms with signs of a more serious condition
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summaryof your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD