A minor burn affects the outer layer of the skin and can be red, blistered or swollen and very painful. Hot liquids, fire, chemicals and even the sun can cause a minor burn. We can assess your burn and recommend the proper pain reliever or cream. Sano Medical can also prescribe antibiotics if the burn is infected and provide a tetanus shot if needed.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Severe burns
- Burns impacting the eyes
- Chemical or electrical burns
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD