Joint pain is very common in sprains or strains and is often caused by an injury to the tissue which connects bones. A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments. A strain is usually referred to as a “pulled muscle.” Back pain is one of the most common types of muscle strain. Sano Medical’s physicians can assess the injury and recommend treatments to help you heal and reduce pain.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Inability to bear weight
- Weakness or fever
- Coldness or numbness of the hands or legs
- History or joint surgery or blunt trauma
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD