Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD
Sano Medical Costa Mesa 949-645-9334
Sano Medical Santa Ana 714-973-2222
Birth Control Injections
Birth control injections are up to 99% effective when given on schedule. San Medical Center makes it easy to manage, with doctors and practitioners who can administer the injections 6 days a week. Just stop in with your prescription or vial when it’s convenient for you.
What to know before your visit
This service is not available to pregnant or menopausal women.
San Medical Centers doctors and practitioners provide this service to patients 18 years or older.
The first injection must be given during the first 5 days from the start of a normal menstrual period.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- History of thrombolytic disorders or cerebrovascular disease
- Breast cancer
- Hypersensitivity to depo medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA)
- Significant liver disease
- Un-diagnosed vaginal bleeding
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary, a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stribl