When you’re hiking, camping or spending time outside you increase your risk of being bitten by a tick. It is important to remove a tick quickly and completely. You also may need a tetanus shot or booster shot. Sano Medical can examine your bite, make sure the tick is removed safely and completely if needed, prescribe medication to protect against infection or Lyme disease.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Fever, swollen joints, joint pain or neurological symptoms
- Flu-like symptoms
- Stiff neck or facial droop
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD