Strep or Sore Throat:
Your throat is hurting — is it strep? The most common cause of a sore throat is a viral infection such as a cold. Allergies, postnasal drip and cigarette smoke can also make your throat hurt. If the soreness is caused by bacteria, you may have strep throat. Strep is contagious and requires antibiotic treatment. Sano Medical will do a strep test and get you feeling better.
Streptococcal pharyngitis, also known as strep throat, is an infection of the back of the throat including the tonsils caused by group A streptococcus. Common symptoms include fever, sore throat, red tonsils, and enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. A headache, and nausea or vomiting may also occur. Some develop a sandpaper-like rash which is known as scarlet fever. Symptoms typically begin one to three days after exposure and last seven to ten days.
Read More – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcal_pharyngitis
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- The presence of drooling and inability to swallow
On your first visit to Sano Medical Center:
- Sign in at the front desk or receptionist window to see a nurse practitioner or physician. No appointment necessary.
- A member of our staff will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- A member of our staff may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests.
- At the end of your visit, our staff will provide you with a summary of your diagnostic results (on request) and a receipt.
If you have a medical emergency or require immediate assistance due to an accident or injury, please call 911.
Sano Medical Center ~ Medical Director Dr. James Stirbl, MD